Monday, April 02, 2007

10 things you hate about me...Oops! I mean, 5 things you didn't know about me...

Okay, so Roohi tagged me, and as a result, I now need to post 5 things you never knew about me. (I refer to you as if there was someone here, but no one's been reading my blog) Anyway, enough about my incoherent ramblinsg to no one, here are my 5 things:

1. I taught myself how to tie my shoelaces.
Sad but true. It's not that my parents lacked in their nurturing abilities. I was bored one afternoon. I'm still convinced I don't tie them like other people. I remember when I realized I wasn't supposed to know how to tie my shoelaces. My parents were sitting my brother down to teach him how to tie his shoelaces and he was having trouble learning. So I sat down with him and said, Look, it's easy! And that's when my parents were like, Who taught you that?!?!?!?
***On a related note, I also taught myself how to hold a pencil. As a result, I have seriously messed up my fingers.

2. I read the first 5 Harry Potter books in 4 days.
Another sad but true fact. This blog is making me sound pathetic. I got the Harry Potter books as a birthday gift. I had always fought against the Harry Potter series. I'm not a fan of "new" classics. So when I finally decided to give in and read it, I couldn't put it down. I needed the books like I needed air. I read them during exam week (probably not the smartest idea). And now to make the obsession worse, I was gien the adult hardcover, collector's Type A edition, and those books aren't printed until like 6 months after book comes out!

3. I cheated in every colouring contest I ever won.
I guess that means I didn't really win, but if the prizes were mine, that means I won!!! I think my elementary school was used as a research grounds for Disney. They'd have all these colouring contests at my school and give away Disney prize packs, with advanced screening to movies, posters, colouring books, etc. for new Disney movies. That was like winning the lottery for a 6 year old. So anyway, I would always really want to win and I'd spend hours and hours and days and days agonizing over what colours I'd use and how I'd colour the picture. Finally, my mom would just say if you want to win give it to your brother. So he, being much older (and involved in art classes that were more advanced than crayons and poster paint), would colour in my pictures for me, then I'd submit them. I won every single colouring contest when he coloured them in for me. I never won any one in my own. =(

4. I've always wanted to own my own lake.
I think that's pretty much self-explanatory. I'd only ever told one person this. Then, I told another person and that person laughed at me. Not in a "Hahaha, that's so cool" but in a "Hahaha, awwww, you're so cute!" I can't stand that kind of laugh!!! So I have decided to once again go against my better judgment, and let a small set of cyberspace individuals know my dream. Of course the lake must include a cottage and dock and be secluded enough for me to go swimming. And my cottage must have indoor plumbing so I can clean away the lake smell.

5. If I could go back in time, I'd be a part of the Arthurian legend.
Okay, even I've convinced myself I'm a nerd. I've alwasy loved the story and I think I like the ideas of knights and ladies and fighting for what's right. And in every re-telling of the story, there are always really strong women who fight for what they want. And I mean, this is a time before the whole feminist movement...how cool is that? A close second would be Regency England. That's the time period Pride and Prejudice was set in (I think). I could have a lot of fun in either.

26 comments:

Roohi said...

ANIKA!

See, I told you I'd check and here I am!

Ok, lets go down the list:

I have no idea who taught me how to tie my show laces. My parents most likely did. You are so efficient now, and it seems like you were like that when you were yung too! If you want something, just do it! :p

I remember when the Harry Potter books first came out and became all big, I was still in high school. I thought the kids who read them were crazy. And then last summer you made me read them, and now I know why everyone is so obsessed! I can't wait for the next one to come out, but I'm sad it's gonna be the last! I still refuse to believe that Dumbledore is dead! :'(

Hahaha, it's ok Anika, atleast you won :) I bet if there was a colouring contest now, you'd win.

OMG, you told me about the lake and I didn't laugh! I was so excited! Would you let me visit your private lake and cottage?

To be honest, I don't know much about the Arthurian legend. I think I need to borrow that book you were reading. I would love to go back in time too though.

There you go! Was that so hard? To update? I think not!

So you better keep it up and I'll keep visiting Insh'Allah :)

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, awwww, you're so cute!


=P

p.s. where's your hug counter?!?!?!?

Roohi said...

Why Reema why?!?!

Are you tired of hugging me? So you wanna move on?

I see how it is...

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, Roohi!!!!
I won't let this effect our relationship...i'll still stalk you and hug you!!!

BanikaB said...

I'm not into this whole world of Blogging. Roohi, how do I get me a hug counter???

And who did you think was cute - Roohi or me?

Anonymous said...

haha nice try but i'm not giving any chance to either of you to beat me up...

but wait..maybe i missed something or i'm just slow...

Anika, why did you say "who WAS cute"? are you not cute anymore? =P

Roohi said...

Anika, just google "hug counter" and you'll find the website where you can get it.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Harry Potter. I've made up adoption papers to be signed at a moment's notice if and when Daniel Radcliffe's parents decide they don't want him.

BanikaB said...

Hahaha Annonymous - that's awesome! I do think it's freakish just how much he looks like Harry. And that's before any of the props (ie: glasses, wand, owl).

Roohi said...

I wanna know who anonymous is.

I should become a writer. Then I'd be famous...and rich...and everyone would love me...

And then you can be like...oh I know her! We're friends! Unless I was a bad writer, and then you don't need people to know that you know me.

Oh well.

Roohi said...

P.S.

The time on your blog is incorrect. It's 3:10ish, not 12:10ish.

Anonymous said...

Roohi, writer or not, everyone already loves you. That is said in the least stalkerish way possible

Roohi said...

Wow. An anonymous on Anika's blog who claims everyone loves me.

So exciting.

Now I really need to know who this anonymous is.

Dear Ms. Anonymous (I'm assuming you're a girl...but you know what they say about people who assume!),

Who are you? I would love to know your identity. Do I know you? I must because you addressed me in your last comment. Did you visit my blog? You must have. But I don't know. You love Harry Potter, I love Harry Potter. We should make a date to go watch the next movie coming out soon.

Waiting for your reply.

Yours Truly,

Roohi

P.S. ignore this if you're a boy! That would just be awkward...omg Anika, if it's a boy you have to promise to delete this!

P.P.S. Hmmm...what if the 2 anonymous comments were not by the same person? I still need to find out what the plural of anonymous is. Anyone?

P.P.P.S. It couldn't be Reema right? She usually doesn't post under anonymous. She always has some weird name like "stalker" or "stranger" and I don't know if she likes Harry Potter.

Roohi said...

P.P.P.P.S I think I know who anonymous is but I'm not sure.

Roohi said...

P.P.P.P.P.S. I don't think it would be a boy...what boy would wanna adopt Daniel? And what boy would say everyone loves me? Ok yeah, it's not a boy.

Now I'm gonna shut up and leave.

Good bye.

BanikaB said...

I think the inner monologue you just shared with everyone has removed any chance we had of getting to know this annonymous...or has it???

Roohi said...

Not if the anonymous wants to go see the new Harry Potter movie with me/us.

I'll be sad if she doesn't.

I'll be even more sad if you didn't either.

It's ok...I'll go with someone else.

Anonymous said...

I feel I ought to reveal my identity, but then it may not come as a big surprise at all and now you have built up this fantasy Anonymous person in your mind who I surely cannot live up to, so maybe it is better to keep quiet at this point. And, you said you have someone in mind, so if I don't turn out to be that person, you might be disappointed and I wouldn't want that. But, yes Roohi, I would love to see the new Harry Potter movie with you when it comes out :)

Roohi said...

My Dear Anonymous,

How can we go to the movies if I don't know who you are.

Please be kind and reveal your identity.

I'll really appreciate it.

Thank you.

And have a nice day.

BanikaB said...

Oh i SO know who Annonymous is.

the "surely" gave it away

Anonymous said...

You think you know, do you? Who is I?

BanikaB said...

I know this Annnonymous, but not the Annonymous who wants to adopt Daniel Radcliffe. Cause the person I know doesn't have much of an affinity for him.

Roohi said...

There's 2 different anonymous people?!?!? I need to know who wants to go see the movie with me!

Come on Anon, don't tease us like this. And Anika, if you know, tell me!

Please and thank you.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to inform you Anika that your first Anonymous and second are the same person. Maybe I just never shared my love for Harry Potter with you?

Roohi, although I'd love to see the new Harry Potter movie with you, I think the commute will be near impossible then. Figured me out yet? ;)

Roohi said...

Deeja?!?!?!

What are you anonymous?!?!?!?!

AKA said...

Hao...it's meeeeee....

Anika, you and I need to talk Harry Potter. I'd adopt him and the other two if I needed to.