Monday, July 16, 2007

Loaft

My life is on cruise control.

I don't remember pressing that button though.

You know the feeling...the one where there's nothing really exciting going on. You meet old friends and realize nothing's really changed since the last time you met. You wanna go out and do something fun, but realize you can say to pretty much everything, "Done that".

I thought I was doing okay. I thought, My life's not that empty. I probably manage to do about as much stuff in one week as you hear Lindsay Lohan doing in one night. And given the alleged drug problem, I think that's the pace any other normal person would operate on.

But then it happened.

The moment that it all clicked that...

My

Life

Is

Boring

Last week, I was eating my lunch and I took a sip of my pop, then FROZE. I couldn't understand why it tasted so funny. Coke wasn't supposed to taste like that at all!!!!! Until I looked at the can and realized, I'd bought root beer that day to "switch it up".

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm shocked and taken back that YOU wanted to switch COKE with root beer...i think i need a minute to let it sink in...i'll come back and write more when out of the shock!!!

Anonymous said...

ahahahahaa, you're so funny. I can see the look on your face too. You know that toilet paper case thing that fell on someone's head? Now I understand how that happened.

....no, it didn't happen to me, but it could've. I just smashed it with my fist so it wouldn't.

I have five mosquito bites on my feet. Your life is not boring. You're just so used to the excitement that it is, that you forget how exciting it is. I mean, you're Anika for goodness sakes. That's exciting in and of itself.

Roohi said...

Anika! Your life is exciting! I think it is. You live downtown, you have a super exciting job, and you're always doing fun stuff! I agree with what Shoilee said...you're too used to your exciting life now that it's just not exciting enough for you anymore, but it's exciting for the rest of us!r

AKA said...

I'd rather a million boring days than have to drink root beer. Switchin' it up or not...it's just not worth it.

Don't even get me started on Dr.Pepper. I will have to disown you if you ever voluntarily put that vile fluid to your lips.

qdee said...

lol! my life's a bit stagnant..well, maybe not stagnant, but it seems like ive been rowing around in a slow boats in circles..
root beer, hmm, dont know what thats like, but i cant imagine its a good thing ;)
but judging form your comments, you rock girl!
things will speed up soon :)

Anonymous said...

Oh BTW, your AE shoes...I have those in brown with white polka dots.